Gold Coast Party Boat Cruise FAQ
Am I responsible to drive in and out of the Marina ?
No , we will pilot all vessels in and out of the marine . These are the rules of Runaway Bay Marina and we are very happy to enforce them.
I don't have a pay pal account?
You don't need a pay pal account . Simply check out as a guest and pay with visa or master-card . In this case Paypal only acts as a merchant .
Do I need a boat license to drive a boat with Gold Coast Party Pontoons ?
We operate 6 BBQ boats , 1 has a skipper , 1 requires a licence and 4 do not require a boat licence .
here is the most popular places that the BBQ boats go to ?
The most common place people like to spend the day is the North end of Wavebreak Island . This is because the water there is beautiful , clear and clean . Perfect for swimming and snorkelling . The spit is also a very popular destination .
Where can I cruise in a party pontoon ?
From Runaway bay you can visit Sovereign Island in the North all the way to the Sundale Bridge at Main Beach in the South and every where in between including Wave Break Island .
Can we cruise to Jumpinpin ?
Can we go to Tipplers bar and Cafe ?
YES, any vessel in our fleet can visit the cafe providing it is safe to do so in regards to wind and Tide . That decision can only be made on the day of departure . Local knowledge is an advantage.
Do you provide ice ?
We do provide the Eski or cooler but you are required to purchase 2 or 3 bags of ice to keep your food and drinks cool .
Do you provide cooking utensils for the BBQ ?
Do all of your boats have toilets onboard?
All of our boats EXCEPT Slip n Slide have toilets onboard. But don't panic if you want to hire Slip n Slide. There are numerous public toilets in our operating area that are readily accessible from the beach. Locations as follows:
- Broadwater parklands
- Pelican Beach on the eastern side of the Sundale Bridge
- Harley Park adjacent to Charis Seafoods in Labrador
- Centenary Park Holywell
- Esplanade Park Paradise Point and
- Tipplers Bar and Cafe
Your boats look big online so can I have more than 12 people on board ?
NO . The law states across Australia that under the classification of SELF DRIVE HIRE class 4E no more than 12 people can be on the boat during a hire period .As a commercial operator each person equals 1 person whether your an infant , teenager or adult . We insist on the highest standards of safety and will not allow any exceptions.
What makes your BBQ Boats / Party Pontoons better than the rest ?
- Our pontoon boats CAN NOT be purchased as a “ off the shelf or run of the mill pontoon boat from a dealer “. Those boats are comfortable (in good weather) but basic. Built at a width of only 2.4 metres and can be purchased at an average cost of $30,000.
- Gold Coast Party Pontoons are all purpose built and designed for us ONLY .
- They are all 4 metres in width and vary in length eg. 7.5m, 6.5m and 6m . This creates incredible stability for you the customers .
- Our boats are built with hard insulated roofs ( the same material used to make freezer trucks ) surrounded 3 sides by drop down clears ( cafe style ) . You will never be blasted by the hot sun and you will remain cool whilst under the roof . Your will not be effected by rain or wind and you will stay completely dry . You will also see an enclosed change room with a normal flush toilet .
- There is a perfectly clean Gas stainless steel BBQ to cook and feed the whole family .
- A large eski is also provide so all you need to do is bring your food , drinks and 2 bags of ice and your on your way .
- You can connect to the stereo system via bluetooth for all your music needs . Our boats have comfortable seating for all patrons and fold down tables to serve lunch on . Our “ ultimate “ pontoon comes with a fixed table with bar stools to sit on as well as a mile of comfortable seating .The ultimate also has a electric front anchor and GPS .
- All our boats are pushed along with the ever reliable Yamaha high thrust , 4 stroke fuel injection outboard motor . These purpose built party boats each come at a 6 figure cost. This is why people prefer our boats. They are indisputably the only Luxury Party Pontoon boats on the Gold Coast Broadwater
Are Self Drive BBQ Boat safe ?
Yes it is perfectly safe . We give you a full safety briefing before you go out . There is also a life jacket onboard for each person . All our boats have a “positive “ floatation which means they can not sink .
How will I find my way around the Gold Coast Broadwater?
We provide you with maps and a full briefing . Our cruising boundaries are the largest of all boat hire companies on the Gold Coast .
Do I need to book in advance ?
DEC and JAN usually book out 2 months in-advance. Australia day and Xmas day is usually booked 6-8 months in advance . Outside these periods a normal weekend can be booked out 3-4 weeks in advance . Weekdays usually have last minute availability from FEB to NOV.
Is there parking for Gold Coast Party Pontoons' customers?
There is always plenty of parking at Runaway Bay marina within a short stroll to board
When is a Party Pontoon next availabile ?
Please CLICK HERE, select your preferred date and you can see the availability in the calendar.
How far is RUNAWAY BAY MARINA FROM OUR HOTEL ?
From Surfers Paradise head north on the Gold Coast HWY through Southport , Biggera Waters and with out traffic you will reach Runaway Bay in 15 mins. You can see our location HERE